+30 210 32 32 482 info@estiatorio-kentrikon.gr
Monday - Saturday / 12:00-18:00, Sunday / Closed

KENTRIKON

History of Kentrikon

Kentrikon Restaurant started as a small coffee house, at the opposite point from its current location, at 1935 by the name of Leykes, from the grand-father of today’s owner Mr. Nikos Koutouzis. Since 1971 is located at Kolokotroni Street No3 and hosts daily those who want to eat well cooked food in Athens.

«Kentrikon Restaurant is an urban restaurant and this is defined mainly by its cuisine that reminds all of what our mother and grandmother cooked, by the fact that is located at the centre (the heart) of Athens, from its space classicality and of course by its own customers who, we would say they belong to the middle class. Of course we also have stable clients from outside of Athens area, who when they visit Athens for business, they want to move to the centre and have a good meal.

Our foods are classic, and our tastes remain true to the traditional recipe.

«This is our philosophy, stability. This also applies to our suppliers that we trust so many years.».

Kentrikon Restaurant was always and still is a hangout place for artists and politicians. It has regular customers such as Yiannis Bezos, Akyllas Karazisis, George Kotanidis and others. In the past days one of the most regular customers was Mikis Theodorakis and also Carolos Coon while special mention should be made on Antonis Samarakis.

It was the haunt of Papandreou’s family and several other policies. From Kentrikon Restaurant have paraded Ministers, members of the Parliament of Greece, performing artists, writers, bankers and many others.

Of course the business lunches are in the plus of our restaurant.